Thank you for signing up and joining us on April 12th during the Youth Lobby Day. Renew Oregon is spearheading a coalition that’s working on passing the Clean Energy Jobs Bill. The goal of the lobby day is to invite students, some of whom are going to be the most affected by climate change, to speak with state legislators about Senate Bill 557. The lobby day is a great lesson in civic engagement and will give young Oregonians an opportunity to speak with the elected officials who make decisions that affect their future.
The Clean Energy Jobs campaign is devoted to holding polluters accountable and creating clean energy jobs, all while protecting Oregon communities that are disproportionately affected by climate change. We would love if you and your students would join Our Climate and the Renew Oregon coalition in Salem next month to demand that our legislators take bold action on climate change. Our hope is to bring 2-3 students from each Senate and House district from around the state. Don’t forget to share this opportunity with your colleagues. Together, we can win and guarantee bold state leadership to protect the future of Oregon.
- Who: Oregon Students, Teachers, Professors, and Parents.
- When: Wednesday, April 12th starting at 9:30 am till 3:00 pm.
- Where: 9:30 am at the Oregon State Capitol, 900 Court St NE, Salem, OR 97301, H-470.
- How: As we get closer to the event we will be organizing carpools, if you can help please email Sonny at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Lobby Day Agenda
- 9:30 - 10:00 am - Registration in the Capitol, H-470, greeters stationed in the main lobby of the capitol will lead students up to our meeting room.
- 10:00 - 11:30 pm - Learn to lobby!
- 11:30 am -12:00 pm - Head to the House of Representatives to hear a shout out from our legislators
- 12:00-12:30 pm - Boxed Lunch
- 12:30-3:00 pm - Lobby Meetings
- 3:00 pm - Depart Capitol